- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Dash of sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
1. Place couscous, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in boiling water; cover and let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
2. Combine oil, juice, garlic, and sugar.
3. Add oil mixture, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mint, and next 4 ingredients (through tomato). Sprinkle with cheese.