Diabetes along side obesity is epidemic. The number of people diagnosed with diabetes has risen from 1.5 million in 1958 to 18.8 million in 2010. While these numbers are alarming to the medical and healthcare community, a diagnosis of diabetes can be shocking and overwhelming to an individual and their family. Diabetes is a complex chronic disease, but also a manageable disease. At Nutrition Consultants of Tulsa, we provide the tools to our patients to take control of their diabetes, instead of their diabetes controlling their life. We will help you make a plan based on your diabetes and your needs. Our Registered Dietitians can help you:
· Make achievable goals.
· Manage weight (loss or gain).
· Plan and prepare meals and snacks.
· Understand the impact of different foods on your blood sugar control.
· Define your individual goals for carbohydrate counting.
· Plan for difficult situations.
· Maximize glucose monitoring.
· Achieve exercise goals and improve athletic performance.
· Understand how your medications affect your blood sugar.
· Understand sick day plans.
· Avoid hypoglycemia.
· Plan for travel.
· Prepare for a healthy pregnancy.
· Achieve cholesterol and blood pressure goals.
Please take our quick survey -> Do I need Diabetes Education?
If you marked to any of these survey questions, a session with our Registered Dietitians is a great place to start. If you would like to send Gabrielle an email she can contact you for further questions or to set up an appointment. Please include in the email your name, phone number, best time to contact you, and topics of interest. Click here to contact Gabrielle via email or if you prefer – call Gabrielle at 918.749.9077.
These are topics I am interested in:
Weight Control Exercise & Sports
Sick Days Alcohol and my diabetes
Meal & Snack Planning Healthy Pregnancy
High Cholesterol High Blood Pressure
Blood Glucose Meter & Monitoring Insulin Pump
Insulin Pen Use