- Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1 slice)
- Hands-on:35 Minutes
- Total:55 Minutes
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 ounce pitted kalamata olives, halved (1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1. Let dough stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
2. Arrange tomato slices on a jelly-roll pan lined with paper towels; top with more paper towels. Let stand 30 minutes.
3. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
4. Combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, and garlic. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, and pierce dough liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over stone; place dough on stone. Arrange tomato mixture on dough. Crumble cheese; sprinkle over pizza. Bake at 500° for 19 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is lightly browned. Remove from oven; top with olives and basil. Brush outer crust with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cut pizza into 6 large slices.