- Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup)
- Hands-on:4 Minutes
- Total:35 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 pints multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add pasta; cook 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 6 tablespoons cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan. Combine reserved cooking liquid and 2 tablespoons oil in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 4 minutes or until mixture measures 1/3 cup. Add oil mixture to pan with pasta; toss to coat.
3. While pasta cooks, combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, tomatoes, and garlic on a jelly-roll pan, tossing to combine. Bake at 450° for 11 minutes or until tomatoes are lightly browned and begin to burst. Add tomato mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to pasta; toss to coat. Top with cheese and basil.